Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Science and Art

The work that I did last spring semester in Drawing 3 was my Universe series. I must have make 30 or 40 drawing it that series. Some were of the just variations of the same subject matter and I would used different pictures or mediums. My favorite mediums to work with were oil pastels and water color. However, I also used, chalk, colored pencil, paint, charcoal, and salt for texture. During my painting 3 class during the Fall of 08, I used material form my life experiences growing up on a Dairy Farm. I used the interior and exterior of the buildings and close ups of farm equipment. I believe there is a science to farming so I want to used subject matter that has to do with the farm. I could be the mechanical workings of the equipment or the how a cows body makes grass into milk. Even how a farmer chooses what field to plant a certain kind of crop, how he or she rotates the crops. This will be a good project for me to work on since I am already an official on the matter of farming and I can used other farmers that I know as sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment